If nothing at all happens when you try to operate your power window, the window motor may be at fault.
But just in case it's a dodgy switch, it's a good idea to isolate the window motor from the switch and apply 12V power from a different source. A spare car battery works well.
- First check that the associated fuse is intact and the power window child lock is off
- Remove inner door trim
- Locate & unplug power window motor from car
- Apply 12V power directly to power lead of window motor
- If window operates normally, your switch may be at fault
- If window does not operate, your power window motor may need replacing
- Power window motors that have a module or utilise a multi-pin harness style plug cannot be tested in this manner
- This information is supplied on the assumption that the power window regulator is in working order